Defensive Driver Course
This Florida Defensive Driving school assist drivers to obtain insurance discount with Geico and other insurance companies. It also assist in meeting requirements imposed by the state of Florida.
Taking defensive driving classes, drivers can learn to improve their driving skills by reducing their driving risks throughout anticipation of situations and making safe well-informed decisions.
The state of Florida requires online and classroom defensive driving school courses for insurance discount to be 6 hours. The advantage to online is that you can do it in one sitting or you can log in and out as often as you like, completing the course at your own pace.
Defensive Driver Course saves lives. Motor vehicle collisions are the leading cause of death in the workplace. Becoming a safe driver can save lives.
This course is approved by Geico to provide drivers whom meet certain criteria insurance discount. Defensive driver discount is not available in HI, MA, MI, NC, or VT.
Also called mature drivers course, geico defensive driving course online, geico safe driver discount course and geico defensive driver course online, this program is what you would take to qualify for additional insurance discounts.
The certificate of completion is free to download at the end of the course, and there are no hidden fees. Everything can be done from the comfort of your home.
Here is what our Geico Defensive Driver Course includes:
- General principles:
- Controlling your speed.
- Looking ahead and expecting the unexpected.
- Being alert and distraction free.
- Regarding other participants in traffic:
- Preparedness for all sorts of actions and reactions of other drivers and pedestrians.
- Not expecting the other drivers to do what you would ordinarily do.
- Watching and respecting other drivers.
- Regarding your own vehicle:
- Maintaining a safe following distance.
- Driving safely considering (adjusting for) weather and/or road conditions.
- Adjusting your speed before entering a bend, in order to avoid applying the brakes in the middle of a bend.
Average driver can receive discounts between 10% and 15% for up to 3 years. And you can renew the course with us, extending your discount for equal periods.
DriverEducators offers several courses to assist with insurance discount and removing speeding violations from your driving record.